Popular Posts

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Failure/Success

I'm badassing all over the place. This is success. I've skied 3 out of the last 4 days. I just got back from Central America. The problem is, all this badassing is leaving not a lot of time and energy to write the stories. Failure.

Don't tell anyone, please, but the whole reason I ever do anything sweet is to try to impress other people later with the story. I've heard about this whole "only you can make yourself happy. Don't try to impress others..." thing. "To thine own self be true" is more my thing. If I can't make other laugh, jealous, or inspired, I feel dead inside. So, it's time to trim down the action and up the writing. Once again, it all comes down to balance. I bet core strength is involved some how too. Oh, life. I'm gonna getcha.

1 comment:

  1. The phrase "Well, at least it'll make a good story someday" has gotten me through high school, college, unemployment, and three Republican Presidents. It's a good phrase to know.

    ReplyDelete

Followers