Popular Posts

Monday, December 6, 2010

Party Dress

I've spent 3 days wondering if I should wear my impractical party dress to my work holiday party. Questioning my friend from college who lives in NYC about it she answered a definite yes. She reminded me that if there is anyone who can pull off an over-the-top outfit, it's me. The thing is, I'm not sure if it is me anymore. Now, I'm kinda a badass. People meet me and aren't surprised at the hiking and biking and skiing. They would probably be pretty thrown to know that I used to be known for my wild clothing and ever evolving look. The thing about overdressing in LA or NYC is you can always say, these people don't know where I'm going later. In my little dink mountain town, people know where I'm going and it most likely involves a bonfire or a keg.

At the same time, my little town is changing too. Every year more fashionable girls show up an refuse to give up their skinny jeans or eyeliner. So maybe I will meet in the middle with this little town. Right now I don't see it though. How can we keep all of the things we love about ourselves while turning into our new selves? Don't know yet. I guess I just have to see how the party dress goes over. I got my head stuck in the snow a few days ago and it supported my weight as I flipped over. If I can survive that type of ridiculousness on a regular basis, how scary can a little lace and ruffles be?


Side note: One girl is wearing make-up to the party for one of the few times in her life. I might look like a prostitute by comparison. This is some dangerous territory.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a need you to post a picture of this dress just to see how "far out" it is. :)

    Jennie V.

    ReplyDelete

Followers