Popular Posts

Friday, January 10, 2014

Secret to Success When Nothing Seems to be Happening

Secret to Success: Your Results are Cumulative. 

Cumulative: 1. Increasing or enlarging by successive addition. 2. Acquired by or resulting from accumulation.

I keep thinking about the concept of results being cumulative. I recently learned how to tune and wax my own skis (aka: maintain my skis). They told us to wax often because the effect is cumulative. If you are getting ready for a race, it's better to be consistently waxing your skis throughout the season rather than giving them a few great waxes before the race.

By waxing consistently, the wax really settles into the ski, giving you a through and complete wax. This can mean the difference of winning or losing.

This is also true in working out. One workout isn't going to show you results but the effects are cumulative. I have sore abs from two days of crunches but their is no visible change.
I have to be consistent and keep it up if I want to get the abs of my dreams.

Since I started Career Coaching, I've become acutely aware of how much we all want immediate, amazing results. Especially if we are paying good money. Every client wants results and they want them now. I want immediate results for them! Hell, I want immediate results for me too!

That just isn't how this life is set up. IT WORKS IF YOU WORK IT. You must be consistent and committed to see big results.

Yuck, I know. I hate this truth but hell, if it were easy, everyone would do it and it wouldn't be badass.

Remember: THE EFFECTS ARE CUMULATIVE. You will get there. Just keep doing the work.

Thanks #SheJumps and #Pepistieglersports for the learning and wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers