Popular Posts

Friday, January 17, 2014

Why Being Freaked Out Doesn't Matter

I'm really scared and intimidated all of the time. How did you not know that?

I started my blog, Becoming a Badass, purely to get over my fears. To prove fears don't matter.

I've mentioned to a few people recently that I've always been a very fearful person.

Each person looks at me with shock.

I look back in shock that they are shocked. Really? Damn, I must being doing a good job.

As a child I was so shy that I would cry if someone outside my immediate family spoke to me.

As a kid I would regularly wake up screaming at slumber parties. (didn't earn me cool points) For years, I dreamed that someone was coming to get me.

Until a few years ago, people would regularly say to me out of no where, "You look confused."

I started saying, "That's just how my face looks."

My face looked like that because I was confused and freaked out by EVERYTHING.

I use meditation, self-improvement projects and solid plans to keep the fear at bay.

I have fears, you have fears. It doesn't matter. Get out there. Badass up and kick some ass. Trust me, if I can do it, you can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers