Popular Posts

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Bitches and Ho Ho Ho's

Please tell these excuses to fuck off promptly after reading them. A little less than a month ago, I moved into a new apartment right at the bottom of the ski slope. It has taken me till today to get my internet going. No blogging. I've been skiing almost everyday, because this year I want to ski a hundred days. Turns out, it's physically exhausting being a devoted ski bum. Again, no blogging. This has been hinted at before but ever since I have become a highly active person, it feels like my mind has been slowly shutting down. I'm more efficient in everyday tasks but I have less witticisms to say about them. Who knew my personal laziness was fueling all the delightful neurosis? None of that blogging is happening.

On the exact same day that I moved into my ski accessible apartment, my lovely work had a fire. While there are definite tragic elements, turns out I'm getting paid to not work as the building is healing. As they say on the ski slopes, sick! Just when I had started telling people that my urge to write had evaporated, I was avalanched with free time and mind space. Three weeks later I'm a little bored, a little lonely, and really want to write! Plus, it's been below zero the past few days and I've kept skiing. Pushing my body too far in the effort to secure my 100 days on the slopes has gotten me sick. And laying around has really nestled some sense into me. I want to blog! I miss you guys! I'm not ready to give up! This blog was started in an effort to write more. The topic being practically picked at random, resulting in me badassing so much that I barely write. Well, I'm pretty damn close to my goal weight, I don't smoke, and I'm plenty active. New Year's Resolution: Everyday blogging. At least until I get my job back. I miss chatting with readers and I miss playing with words. It shouldn't be just my body that is being challenged.

Anyone else have some resolutions to share? Anyone becoming a badass this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers