Popular Posts

Thursday, January 13, 2011

My Apologies and Sincerest Thanks

Okay. Sorry. That last post was needy and whiney. Not very badass. This is why people want to be rockstars. We all crave and deserve to be able to shout to the masses, "Are you out there?!?! I can't here you!" After that people should chant your name.

This isn't just for me. We all deserve cheers. A personal gospel choir that follows us around, singing our praise and hooting thanks for our blessings.

People say to me, "But don't you write just because you love it? Isn't the process enough?" Hell, no. I write because I want to communicate with people. I want to make people laugh. I want people to read a story about me doing something that I didn't think I could do, go out and try to do what they previously thought was impossible. But ultimately it is selfish because it make me feel so good to have people in this journey with me. So, I need to say sorry. Because I shouldn't whine to you people. I should be cheering for you. Raising my glass in a toast.

Plus, people do comment to me all the time. Just usually in person, on facebook, over email. Why just today four different people said, "Hey, badass." (Two of these people were responding to my shouts, "Hey! Look at me skiing backwards!) Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Back to what's important.

As a special treat for you, here is a link to a blog. This is badass in its happiness potential. For the days when you can't climb the mountain, you can appreciate the beauty of the rock. www.1000awesomethings.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers